Thursday, May 24, 2007

BoGo Light


This is so great: the BoGo Light is an eco-friendly flashlight -- there's a solar panel that powers the rechargeable AA batteries for up to two years.

But the really cool thing is that if you buy one ($25), the company donates one to an organization that will distribute it in the developing world. That means that children who have no light at night by which to study, except perhaps kerosene lanterns, will have a bright task lamp. And perhaps a brighter future.

1 comment:

Tony said...

Just saw this link from MUG. Great site. Do you know about Greendimes.com yet?

I've had it for about six months now and I love how radically they've reduced my junk mail. Somedays my mailbox is literally EMPTY. Imagine that.

Anyway, I was thinking of green things when I saw this flashlight and I thought I'd offer this as my contribution.